Publications & Interviews
MY PUBLICATIONS & INTERVIEWS.
I have published books, chapter and papers in peer reviewed journals. I am also a regular contributor at The Diplomat Magazine and Open Democracy.
I was interviewed by the BBC Asian Network to report on South Asian's Sexual Health in the UK. Some of my interviews and presentations can be found below.
- Mahendru, R. and Tasker, M. (2019) Child-Sensitive Social Protection, Journal of International Development [in press]
- Mahendru, R and Blackman, S. (2019) “He enjoyed it more than I did?” Young British Sikh women negotiating safe sex in heterosexual encounters, Journal of Youth Studies [in press].
- Mahendru, R. (2016) Intersectionality in addressing gender-based violence (GBV): global perspective. International Journal of Human Rights in Healthcare, Vol. 9 Issue 3 pp. 149 – 150.
- Mahendru, R. (2017) Helping Children with Disabilities get an Education in Bosnia, Save the Children UK Blog.
- Mahendru, R. (2012) Dig to Survive: Realities of Dalit Children in the Mining World of Rajasthan, India. Gravis-India blog.
- Mahendru, R. (2014). Gender Analysis and Use of Intersectionality in Health. In: Regmi, K. Decentralizing health services: a global perspective. London: Springer.
- Mahendru, R. (2014). Gender and Sexual Based Violence Against Women. In Dhaliwal, S. and Yuval-Davis, N. ‘Women Against Fundamentalism: Stories of Dissent and Solidarity.’ London: Lawrence & Wishart.
- Mahendru, R. (2012) Population Trends and Policy Options in Selected Developing Countries (Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia). Partners in Population Development: Bangladesh.
- Mahendru, R. (2010) Young People’s Perceptions of Gender, Risk and AIDS: A comparative analysis of India and the UK. VDM Verlag.